Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Doldrums

Now that the NBA title has been decided and New England has finally had chance to catch up on sleep, we come to the worst part of any baseball season: the part where your team can not buy a win. The Red Sox are stumbling right now - at home against National League teams - and their one win was in 13 mind numbingly awful innings. Clearly, this does not exactly make me regret lavishing all of my attention on the Celtics.

What surprises me is not that the Sox are slumping. What surprises me is that they seemed to have slumped at the exact same time last year as well. I'd have to do a bit more research on this, but it does seem like they went through a protracted slump around June. Now, losing 3 out of 4 games does not make a "slump". But with injuries and suspensions (thank you Psycho Coco Crisp!) taking their inevitable toll, this could be the beginning.

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss basketball.

No comments: